Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

A case of turrets syndrome solved?

After some procrastination on my part, I finally removed the oversize turrets on the pair of model generic pre-dreadnoughts I built last week, and replaced them with some smaller ones. The models now look like this ...


... which is a great improvement when compared to how they used to look:


Over the weekend I have been putting together a series of 'How to ...' blog entries that explain the methods I have used to build my model ships. In order to do this I have built a fourth generic pre-dreadnought battleship, which is shown below:


The 'How to ...' blog entries will be appearing over the course of the next few days. In the meantime I hope to use some of the off-cuts I have sitting on my worktable to build some smaller warships to add to my growing fleet.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    They look just about bang on the money! The proportions look right and they have plenty of visual 'heft'. I am really looking forward to seeing these in action and reckon that the easiest way to solve the painting dilemma - Victorian livery versus wartime grey - is to make duplicates of everything.

    That is not as mad as it sounds either!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      I also feel that the new turrets improve the 'look' of these two ships, and I am really pleased that I gritted my teeth and removed the former ones.

      I can see why you have suggested building duplicate models of each ship, but although that is possible, it's not a path that I would wish to follow ... at the moment. My currently thinking is that by painting the models grey I will get more potential use out off them, especially as I am giving serious thought to adding some early dreadnoughts to the collection at some point in the future.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fitz-Badger,

      I do my best ... on both counts!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      Cheers old chap! I am very pleased with the way they have turned out.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Peter Ball,

      Thanks very much! I am rather pleased with the way that they have turned out.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Very nice Bob.

    They have a certain something - I think the French have a word for it, but I don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conrad Kinch,

      The French always have a word for it ... even if they have to 'borrow' from English to do so!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Fitz-Badger,

      Superb punning sir! A definite ten pointer!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.