Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

A fleeting visit to Skirmish, Sidcup

I had promised my wife that we could visit at least one place during the OPEN HOUSE LONDON event that was on last weekend ... and had not realised that it was on at the same time as the Skirmish Toy Soldier and Wargames Show in Sidcup. My visit to Skirmish was, therefore, a fleeting one ... although I did manage a very quick chat with some of the members of Posties Rejects and to meet up with David Crook to collect some toy soldiers that he had for me!

I arrived just after the show opened at 10.00am, and the main trading hall was already beginning to fill up.


There was quite an impressive range of games on show ...


... but the one that really caught my eye was a colonial wargame set in the Sudan.


This was being staged by the Rainham Wargames Club using 15mm-scale figures and BLACK POWDER rules.

I was only able to stay about an hour, and wish that I could have stayed longer, but a promise is a promise ...

4 comments:

  1. A promise is a promise . . . and even more so when made to SWMBO.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebear Jeff,

    How very, very true!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    Whenever I realize a promise to SWMBO would cut into my gaming activities, I try to make her feel guilty by reminding her what a lucky broad she is for having married me.

    It hasn't worked thus far--in fact it caused me to have to dodge frying pans thrown at my head--but as they say, hope springs eternal. In my case, for cover...

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    Your strategy makes sense on paper ... but sounds flawed when put into operation.

    Personally I prefer not to upset my wife at any time. I value my personal safety quite highly!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.