Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Some metal 1:1200th-scale model ironclads

Some years ago I had the opportunity to buy some metal 1:1200th-scale model ironclads at a very reasonable price ... so I bought them. The ships were:

HMS Inflexible


HMS Victoria


Two Brandenburg-class German pre-dreadnought battleships


I repainted these two models as the paintwork was in poor condition, and it has always been my intention that they would represent the Turkish Heireddin Barbarossa (ex-Kurfürst Friedrich Wilhelm) and Torgud Reis (ex-Weissenburg).

As yet none of these models has taken part in a wargame, but hopefully they will do one day.

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely - and small enough to fit on a Hexon tile.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I've found them cheap I've bought some WW1 1/1200 ships for my modified Fletcher Pratt game. No reason the FP system couldn't go back to late 19th century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Gow,

    They are great models ... and will easily fit into a Hexon hex.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian Drury,

    I must admit that I would like to buy more of these pre-1914 ships ... and will do if I see them on sale at a reasonable price.

    When we fought the naval component of the Madasahatta Campaign we used ships like this with a slightly modified version of the Fletcher Price Naval War Game rules. The main change was to use centimetres rather than inches. The weapon ranges and movement distances used were therefore 40% of the original and made it possible to fight battles on a tabletop.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.