Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Them thar extra hills ... are now finished!

I have finally managed to finish the extra hills I was making to go with 'new' terrain boards.

There are two types of hill in the latest batch; three that are double-length, single-level hills and two that are double-length but with a double-level at one end.


In combination with my existing twelve hills I should be able to reproduce a reasonably hilly landscape for my battles. I would like to make some further hills (possibly with one or more sides that make it obvious that that part of the hill cannot be climbed) and some rocky outcrops ... but I am not sure when I will get around to it. I would also like to make some other terrain items (possibly including built-up areas, fields etc.) but that is not likely to happen in the very near future ... unless – of course – I have a change of heart!

6 comments:

  1. The hills are truly alive now Bob. Now get a game under them!!

    Well done so far.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Duncan,

    I hope to use them later this week or early next week.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    It strikes me that the line on the "flat" hills could be a crest line, with the two sides sloping a bit away.

    For fields etc., just get some of those felt squares from a craft or dollar store and cut them to appropriate sizes. You could even use a darker color to indicate a depression.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebear Jeff,

    I had not thought of that idea regarding the crest of a hill. Nice one!

    I do have squares of suitable felt for fields etc., and will use them. I do, however, want to make some terrain items that will require to be based.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit I did have my doubts but seeing the finished product I can see what you you were aiming at

    Well done

    A triumph of ingenuity and persistence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

    Thanks for the compliment!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.