Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

The cork hills ... or should that be hills of cork?

After receiving suggestions from both arthur1815 and Conrad Kinch about the possibilities of using cork tiles to make hills for my portable wargame, I have spent the last half hour cutting up an IKEA cork mat to make some hills ... and I must admit that they look a lot better than my foamcore ones. Furthermore, they do not need painting as they are already the right colour.

All I have to do now is to sand down the edges to make the shapes look a little less stark and a bit more hill-like. Once I am happy with them, I will see what they look like on the vinyl chessboard ... and then I might actually manage to fight the next play-test of the rules I am using.

2 comments:

  1. Hills of Cork

    We have these hills at home Bob - which ones are you modelling?

    There are some apt names...

    B
    Ballyhoura Mountains
    Boggeragh Mountains
    C
    Caha Mountains
    Carron Mountain
    D
    Derrynasaggart Mountains
    H
    Hungry Hill
    K
    Knockboy
    Knockoura
    M
    Mount Gabriel
    Mullaghanish
    M cont.
    Mullaghareirk Mountains
    Musheramore
    S
    Shehy Mountains
    Slieve Miskish Mountains
    Sugarloaf (Cork)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tone,

    As you are a founder member of the Norfolk Mountain Rescue Team, I knew that you would be able to give me all the names of the Hills of Cork.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.