Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Whatever happened to the development of Joseph Morschauser's wargames rules?

I received an email from one of my blog's regular readers asking if I had given up on developing Joseph Morschauser's wargames rules.

The answer is ...

NO!

I have been doing quite a bit of developmental work with the turn sequence so that I can include an element of command and control without it taking over the whole game. This has been rather experimental and ... quite frankly ... would be rather boring to read about, hence the lack of recent blog entries.

So if you were wondering if I had given up on this project, keep reading; a new draft set of rules should be along in the next couple of weeks ... I hope!

8 comments:

  1. I've just noticed that the Carden Lloyd tankette sculpted for Jack Scruby by Joe Morschauser is now availabl;e from Historifigs in the US - one for the interwar armies?

    Clive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been wondering the same myself. I really enjoy your game design posts.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Old Metal Detector,

    I had seen that this model is now available again, and may wish to buy one or two for an interwar army that I might just put together sometime soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogui,

    I am almost there with the turn sequence, but it still needs a little more thinking and testing before I want to write about it.

    In the meantime I have plenty of other things to fill my time.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. cloaking device off...

    Hi Bob,

    We, your loyal reader, have complete confidence in you.

    Carry on.

    However, to balance the recent upwelling of interwar stuff, I must go paint some Greek Hoplites.

    Jim

    cloaking device on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim,

    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob,

    You've inspired me to try my hand at modifying Joe's rules for the Napoleonic period. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to forward a copy to them. Feedback would be much appreciated. My email address is [chris.johnson@ssa.gov ].

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris J,

    Well done!

    I for one would love a copy, and will be getting in touch with you in due course.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.