Pages

Sunday 22 March 2009

Solferino in Twenty Minutes – my work is done!

I finally managed to complete everything that I need for SOLFERINO IN TWENTY MINUTES, although I still need to print off the handouts for the players and spectators once Richard Brooks sends them to me.

To get some idea what the game will look like at Salute, I laid out the playing board, added the built-up areas, and placed the playing pieces in what I think are their correct locations; the result looks like this:

The activation cards represent each of the major commanders present at the Battle of Solferino:

Now I can take a bit of a rest from the nineteenth century … until next Saturday when Richard and I shall be running the game at Salute. I hope I will see some of the visitors to my blog there, and maybe they may be able to play the game. In the meantime, I might actually manage to make a list of what I am going to buy at the show.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Bob, very well done indeed! The BUA are better indeed now, and easier to store.
    I truly appreciate your spirit of synthesis in wargaming.
    Best regards. Fabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever been to Solferino? see my blogs. Hope you have a great game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabio,

    As I said in my comment to Arthur, two good ideas added together can produce one really excellent idea! The more we share, the more we all gain.

    Fixed Bayonet Metal Soldiers,

    I have not managed to visit Solferino, but Richard Brooks did in preparation for writing the forthcoming Osprey book about the battle. He has actually walked the battlefield, and his personal knowledge has been key to getting the game right.

    Now that you have given me the 'heads up' I shall visit your blog ASAP.

    All the best to both of you,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.